General Warranty Terms and Conditions
This document describes the Warranty agreement (“Warranty”) of the sales company Modern Kitchen Appliances Ltd. (hereinafter referred to as “Guarantor”) regarding your (hereinafter referred to as the “Buyer”) purchase of Modern Kitchen Appliances Ltd. equipment within the UK.
The agreement is subject to the conditions described below and subject to the attached conditions (“Conditions Warranty”). Modern Kitchen Appliances Ltd. is not obliged to notify any Buyer, or future Buyer, after a certain date about any possible amendments or the non- applicability of this limited warranty regarding the supplied product (hereinafter referred to as the “Product”). The Warranty as describedbelow is subject to the limits and other herein described conditions and is subject to the conditions as attached to this document(“Conditions warranty”). This Warranty only applies to a sales agreement between ModernKitchen Appliances Ltd. and the Buyer in case it is referred to.
1. Warranty period
1.1 In compliance with the provisions of Conditions Warranty the Buyer has the right to the following guarantee during the applicable period.
- The Guarantor provides the Warranty for a period of 24 months from the date of purchase unless a different warranty date was specified in the ad listing description or other types of warranty e.g. (manufacturer's warranty).
- The quality guarantee for the efficient operation of equipment from the "Outlet" store category is granted by Modern Kitchen Appliances Ltd. hereinafter referred to as the Guarantor for a period of 6 months from the date of purchase. The Warranty applies only t o the functional features of the equipment.
2. Special conditions
2.1 The Warranty period comes into effect on Modern Kitchen Appliances Ltd.’s date of invoice.
2.2 The warranty is only valid in the United Kingdom.
2.3 The Warranty only concerns products that are applied according to their “intended use” or “normal use”.
2.4 The Product has been purchased directly from sink-tap.co.uk website.
2.5 The proof of the Product’s purchase is available for inspection by The Guarantor.
2.6 The Warranty card is only valid together with the proof of purchase such as an invoice or receipt.
In addition, the Warranty card is invalid without the Buyer's signature as well as with corrections and deletions made by unauthorized persons.
2.7 The Warranty is valid only in the event of a provision of original, undamaged packaging (including filling) especially in the case of appliances such as microwave ovens, vacuum cleaners, hobs, taps and kitchen sinks.
2.8 An adequate administration of the operation history is kept and is available for inspection by The Guarantor.
2.9 The Buyer is obliged to read the Warranty before purchase. In addition, the Consumer is required to read the instructions. If there is not an English version of instructions then client need to contact seller for it additional resend.
2.10 Malfunctions as a consequence of basic causes, including but not limited to improper wiring, installation or use, are not covered by this Warranty and this Warranty is void for. It only applies if the Product is wired and installed correctly and is used within the electrical values and operating range as indicated in the specifications or other documents provided with the Product. If a Product is deemed to be faulty or does not function in correspondence to the product specifications, the Buyer must inform Modern Kitchen Appliances Ltd. in writing.
2.11 This Warranty does not apply to damage or breach of contract as a consequence of force majeure or abuse, incorrect use, abnormal use or use in violation of an applicable standard, code or user instructions, which include but are not limited to, as set out in the most recent security industry- and/or electrical standards for the region(s) concerned.
2.12 This Warranty is void if any person has performed or applied repairs or adjustments to the Product, which Modern Kitchen Appliances Ltd has not authorized in writing. The production date of the Product needs to be clearly legible. The Guarantor retains the right to take the final decision regarding the validity of a repair claim.
2.13 The Product sold by Modern Kitchen Appliances Ltd. is intended for the use in individual households only. Using the equipment for other purposes will void the Warranty.
2.14 In regards to all electrical appliances such as gas and electric cookers, the Installer must absolutely connect to the gas and electricity installations having valid legal permissions such as GasSafe or equivalent. The installation of kitchen taps and sinks should be entrusted to a sanitary installer or a plumber. The correct connection of the product should be confirmed in the Warranty card and on the proof of purchase (on invoice or receipt) with the stamp and signature of the Installer under, otherwise the Warranty rights will be lost for installation of the above equipment and will be at the Buyer's expense. In case of not meeting the above-mentioned conditions, the Warranty expires and complaints will not be considered at a later stage.
2.15 If requested by Modern Kitchen Appliances Ltd., non-compliant or defective Product becomes the property of the Guarantor after replacement.
3. Warranty claims
3.1 All mentioned Warranty periods are under the condition of access to the Product by the Guarantor representative to verify possible non-conformance. Claims under Warranty must be reported and returned to Modern Kitchen Appliances Ltd.’s logistic center within 14 days from the date of detection, as mentioned in the return form, which can be found on sink-tap.co.uk website or reported by e-mail: email@example.com
At least the following information should be provided (additional information can be requested):
- Details of the defective Product and other used components,
- Installation date,
- Invoice date,
- Detailed problem description,
- Application and operating hours of the Product,
- Photos (and videos if possible) of the defective item.
3.2 Any other claims of the entitled person under the Warranty are excluded, except:
- The Buyer has the right to a refund if the faulty goods are returned within 30 days of receipt.
- If the Buyer does not return the Product within the first 30 days and finds a fault within the first six months of having the defective item, she/he must give the seller the opportunity to repair or replace. If this fails, a refund might be requested at a later date.
- After the first six months, the burden of proof passes to the Buyer to prove that the detected fault was present at the time of original purchase in the online store or since the Buyer has received the Product.
3.3 When a Warranty claim is justified, the Guarantor will pay for shipping expenses and provide free repair in the event of product defects during the Warranty period specified in the content of this Warranty, arising from reasons inherent in the product. The main warranty shall be extended each time for the period in which the Buyer was unable to use the equipment (i.e. the time from the time of reporting to the time the defect is removed).
3.4 In the event of the obvious groundlessness of the user's complaint (e.g. no defect, incorrect operation of the device, defect not covered by the Warranty), the Guarantor refuses to repair/replace the equipment as a part of the Warranty, providing the Buyer with the justification for the position taken. All costs of an unjustified complaint shall be borne by the Consumer under this Warranty. Modern Kitchen Appliances Ltd. will charge the Buyer for returned Product that is not found to be defective or non-conforming, in addition to shipping-, test-, and handling costs associated therewith.
3.5 The buyer has the right to demand the replacement of the equipment with new without defects if:
- it is during the warranty period,
- the defect appears in the equipment that cannot be removed by the decision of the person representing the Guarantor. The replacement of the equipment with new without defects is made by the store where the equipment was originally purchased. In the case of equipment purchased with a specific defect during a purchase, the Buyer is not entitled to replace the equipment.
4. The Guarantor's Guarantees
4.1 The Guarantor ensures that:
- consideration of the complaint will take place within 14 working days from the receipt of the advertised Product by the Guarantor.
- the advertised Product is collected from the Buyer by courier from Monday to Friday during office hours 8 am- 6 pm. The Customer is obliged to prepare the Product for shipment in the same way as it was originally received from the Guarantor, i.e. the original box with all fillers.
- if the Product is sent back in different packaging than those mentioned above and the Product is damaged during transport by courier, the Warranty shall cease to apply and the Guarantor shall not be liable in this respect.
- if additional technical tests are necessary or for any reasons beyond the Guarantor's control, e.g. in the event of the necessity of importing spare parts, the Guarantor reserves the right to extend the deadline.
- shall not bear the costs of disassembly and reinstallation of the Product.
5. Limitations and conditions
5.1 This Warranty excludes an installation, an access provision to the Product (scaffolding, lift and etc.) and a special, incidental and consequential damage (such as a loss of revenue/profits, a damage to property or other costs not previously mentioned), and is further defined by the limitations and conditions set out in the relevant Warranty agreement and these conditions.
5.2 The warranty does not cover:
- Activities specified in the operating instructions to be performed by the user on their own and at their own expense (installation and connection of equipment, maintenance, replacement of connecting cords), regulation of the device (setting the economical flam e of burners, replacement of nozzles) and accessories subject to periodic replacement (e.g. bulbs, gaskets, filters, connection hoses), descaled kitchen faucets;
- The Guarantor is released from liability under the Warranty for product defects that arose for reasons other than those inherent in the Product at the time of receipt;
- Mechanical, thermal and chemical damages as well as those caused by external forces (lightning, voltage surges), as well as water pollution, e.g. high level of water scaling, corrosion, etc.;
- Elements made of glass, plastic and all kinds of discolorations, chips and dents;
- Incorrect assembly or disassembly by the Buyer, User or Installer;
- Use of non-original parts during assembly or disassembly;
- Improper maintenance and care, including the use of improper cleaning or maintenance products;
- Independent alterations or repairs during the Warranty period by an unauthorized service center;
- Parts wear during normal use;
- Other defects or faults caused by failure to exercise due diligence by the Guarantor, Installer, User or Buyer.
5.3 In the case of kitchen faucets, apart from the defects mentioned in point 4.2, the Guarantor is also not liable for defects or defects resulting from:
- Water or installation pollution;
- Kitchen water taps installation without a central filter or bypassing via shut-off valves with a mesh filter.
5.4 This warranty does not exclude, limit or suspend the rights of the buyer for non-compliance of consumer goods with the contract - resulting from the Act on Consumer Rights of 2015 and the Regulations of consumer contracts.
Warranty Card - Click here